is kind of annoying, but I'm also thankful for it because I know it means that I can try harder next time, or, more specifically, can rematch to avenge myself! At any rate, it can be humbling, and I'm grateful that many people I love and care about have beaten me.
Final Score: Aaron - 251, Dillon - 325.
OUCH.
Firstly, congratulations, sir.
Secondly, to justify myself a little, let me tell you all something amazing and/or entertaining that happened as a result. Toward the bitter end of the game I tried my darnedest to play a bingo on a triple word score to catch up, alas to no avail. I DID, however, end up coming up with some great near-words.
MIRTHAGE - this was the word I ended up playing as I thought it was the closest to a word (and therefore maybe a word) of the near-words I'd created. I did know that mirth was a word, though had misunderstood its definition to be something like muck or mire. Now I know that it means happiness or jollity (who knew?). Anyway, Dillon challenged me and we looked it up. Surprise! Not a word. But one can definitely add the suffix "age" to most words, whether they be nouns or verbs, and create one's own! For example, "CHURCHAGE" "RAINAGE" "BIKEAGE". Another stellar would-have-been-great-had-it-been-a-real-word Bingo I thought of was "GRIMATHE" which is, of course, poor math, said like grimace, except with a lisp. Too bad I didn't have an "S" instead of an "E" then I could have made "GRIMATHS" (the British version of the same). If I find the score sheet again I'll add my other brilliant inventions.*
Anyway, then we stayed up talking, as we're apt to do, until 3:45am. Good times, good times...
*Found 21 January, 2011 --> GOTHIMER, kind of like GOSSAMER, but with a lisp. THERMING, the art of keeping oneself at the proper temperature.

No comments:
Post a Comment