Last night i went to a party at Christian's House (a friend of Chris' and now mine) and hung out with a bunch of their friends, most of whom i either already knew, or had at least seen before. It was an AWESOME party. We brought marinated meat for the grill, there was bread and this tomato-bean salad stuff which i loved, and we all hung out on his porch for a while. Christian has it set up so that his computer monitor and mouse are on the window sill behind the table so he can control what music is playing from outside--excellent! i still feel a bit left out sometimes, because even though i speak and understand German fairly well, they often talk about things which have been happening for a long time in their town, or about trips they went on and the like. i guess that's pretty normal though, and if our roles were switched, i imagine a foreigner hanging out with my friends and i would be perhaps more alienated, because we are just CRAZY!
We are all going camping next weekend, and i'm very stoked about that!
Anyway, after the outside hang-out part, Robert, Dolly, Dillon and i went inside to play cards. We taught them Pedro, a
Yep, sure thing, the sunrise was starting and time had crept to like
Today is Kirsten and i's sixteenth monthaversary! Yay!
Anybody have some good staying-up-until-dawn stories?
love
hi folks! i'm aaron and this is my blog. in it you'll find adventures, rivers of thoughts, legends of the great, poems, rants, commentaries, and an occasional tall tale. please enjoy, drink deeply, and comment as you feel appropriate!
German 2 English! (Click drop-down, 1st option of ENGLISH ["United Statesian" as yet unavailable] )
My Google Site Translator Panel
17 July 2005
no man's land
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i guess the stairway to heaven kept me up til dawn once...
Sounds like you had a good time- awesome! Although it can be uncomfortable when your friends talk about things you haven't been a part of (we've all been there), at least you're creating new memories, so you're continuously making new connections, and things you can refer to in the future. Camping should be fun- in tents, right?
Congrats on you and Kirsten for 16 months! Here's to 16 more! Cheer Cheer!
As far as staying up 'til dawn goes, I can't remember circumstances around when I have, only that they were in college, and regarded a paper or exam. All I know is that breakfast is good every morning, no matter how much or little sleep!
Erin, I remember once at Rushmore you and I stayed up until very, very early talking, and I don't know if it was dawn or not, but I know I had to sleep in the open room in the dorm since I couldn't get back to mine!
I also spent quite a few nights editing until it was light out freshman year. That wasn't quite as fun, though.
Post a Comment