hi folks! i'm aaron and this is my blog. in it you'll find adventures, rivers of thoughts, legends of the great, poems, rants, commentaries, and an occasional tall tale. please enjoy, drink deeply, and comment as you feel appropriate!
German 2 English! (Click drop-down, 1st option of ENGLISH ["United Statesian" as yet unavailable] )
Are you allowed to wear this shirt if you're really actually from California?
...
...
of course you are! because Oregon is a nice place... unless you say something about how CA is better (why would you say that??). The DIE part of this shirt is meant to be taken seriously! I'm not saying a Portlander would kill you on the spot for prefering another place (although: maybe?)... but I think they would prefer that you not take up space in a retirement home in PDX unless you LOVE IT THE BEST THE MOST FOREVER. gangster Portland, yo.
Well, you know there are layers to this post, like onions & ogres. e.g. - Consider original lyric - The song is not "Get Born and Die in Portland", just "Live and Die in Portland" (Hmmm, a life goal? Er, death goal?) - The shirt doesn't actually say anything except Portland, OR (...plus the symbol, plus the store name on the back, which is also writ large on the wall to the back right of my head in the photograph) - We all know that Oregon is a nice place TO VISIT - I am not actually wearing the shirt, merely holding it up near my person - I do LOVE IT THE BEST THE MOST FOREVER (I think...ergo sum) - ?
Whoa, I didn't know that ogres have multiple layers. Have to keep that in mind.
My previous post was a test. You have passed. Congradulations, you are now allowed to die in Portland and/or to wear the shirt instead of just hold it (I guess you might have to buy it first?). The only requirement is that you keep the place weird until the day you die. Then others shall have to take up the fight.
3 comments:
Are you allowed to wear this shirt if you're really actually from California?
...
...
of course you are! because Oregon is a nice place... unless you say something about how CA is better (why would you say that??). The DIE part of this shirt is meant to be taken seriously! I'm not saying a Portlander would kill you on the spot for prefering another place (although: maybe?)... but I think they would prefer that you not take up space in a retirement home in PDX unless you LOVE IT THE BEST THE MOST FOREVER. gangster Portland, yo.
Well, you know there are layers to this post, like onions & ogres. e.g.
- Consider original lyric
- The song is not "Get Born and Die in Portland", just "Live and Die in Portland" (Hmmm, a life goal? Er, death goal?)
- The shirt doesn't actually say anything except Portland, OR (...plus the symbol, plus the store name on the back, which is also writ large on the wall to the back right of my head in the photograph)
- We all know that Oregon is a nice place TO VISIT
- I am not actually wearing the shirt, merely holding it up near my person
- I do LOVE IT THE BEST THE MOST FOREVER (I think...ergo sum)
- ?
Whoa, I didn't know that ogres have multiple layers. Have to keep that in mind.
My previous post was a test. You have passed. Congradulations, you are now allowed to die in Portland and/or to wear the shirt instead of just hold it (I guess you might have to buy it first?). The only requirement is that you keep the place weird until the day you die. Then others shall have to take up the fight.
... the fight with ogres.
Post a Comment