My daily ride over the bridge was back to normal this evening. "Working Kirk" aka, the guy with the white tuxedo and the Mickey Mouse hat, was at his usual post off to the SW side of the Hawthorne Bridge and was about his usual antics. Today he happened to be toying with the Flintstones' Theme Song on his trumpet as i rode by. His expanding ball, slide whistle, 3 toss juggling move, and a circle-turns-into-a-square magic trick are other favorites, some of which i've seen, others of which i guess i need to hang around for a bit to witness. Thanks for bringing smiles to people's faces and hopefully a little joy to their hearts, Kirk.
P.S. - I thought that some of the most interesting lines in the linked article above were the ones about how he's potentially saved people contemplating suicide and given nearby quartered prisoners a reason to keep living.

1 comment:
wow, I really appreciated getting to read the story. did not know about Working Kirk, but I feel like the world is a better place because of him.
I got a chuckle out of this part:
“You’re blocking visibility, man,” an eastbound cyclist says, not angrily, rather, more informative.
cyclists are just so polite.
Post a Comment