German 2 English! (Click drop-down, 1st option of ENGLISH ["United Statesian" as yet unavailable] )

My Google Site Translator Panel

Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian
Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish
Powered by
Grab this widget

13 June 2006

Aventura 1

We arrive in Málaga. Really Kyle is already there and he´s got a hostel all ready for us at €15 a night. Little do i know that i´m going to get eaten alive by a million mosquitos at this place. ...and kill not a few on the walls, splattering their (my?) blood everywhere. Anyway, we walk around, talk a hike up the hill for a breath taking view of the city and we sleep. We eat at a place called Quitapenas and have tapas. The next day we eat at a restaurant for breakfast and meet a waiter from La Mancha. He recommends Mago de Oz and Extremaduro as good Spanish music we should check out. We go to Candilelas, the music store he also recommends, and find out that both seem like crazy metal/hard rock which we opt to check out when we get back to the States, especially since we have no CD player. We then go to the Arab baths and stay for 3 and a half hours with an exfoliating massage with oil and salt (whoa!) enjoying the sala de descanso (rest room) drinking tea and sitting on pillows and recliners. Tranquilo. Then we check out the Alcazaba of Málaga, which has many similarities to La Alhambra de Granada, which we may see later. We do some more stuff and go to sleep. We wake up, go to the pedestrian zone, and play some tunes. We break two strings and earn €3. We then take bus 19 to the highway and start to hitch-hike. Rafael from Paraguay, a truck driver, picks us up. Then Noah, an East German. Then two blokes from the UK. Then 3 Spanish gypsies. After a long day of travelling, we arrive in Ronda. BEAUTIFUL. God´s country. We spend some days in Ronda, hitch-hike to Sevilla, ride the bus back to Ronda with Lilia and do some more stuff in Ronda and send her on her way back to Granada. There was some more stuff, blah blah blah and i left out some details, so deal with it. We are currently in Barcelona. Here´s some documentation:

La Alcazaba de Málaga


El campo alrededor de Ronda


La puente nueva de Ronda


Autostop II


Kyle has slightly more trouble getting rides...


Grant and his kids came too.


Stay tuned: more adventures to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg it's beautiful there! If only I could do something like that. Amazing. Hope you guys continue to have a good time :)

Aaron said...

I'm so sad that I'm not with you that I could cry! Sounds like you are having an awesome time. sweet!!
I've never hitch-hiked before. They say it's a bad idea in the states, but is it more accepted in Europe? I'd love to try it some time!

Anonymous said...

That bridge? in Ronda is absolutely stunning. So much so, that if I were there, I'd be tempted to see it from every angle, explore it in-depth, and never want to leave!

Carme Padró said...

Hey! (This is the second try....) Yes, that new bridge of Ronda is very nice, Pepe! Beautiful picture!

By the way....I just got home from our party: I had a great time! Thanks to both -you and Kyle- for those days.....I REALLY enjoyed them a lot! Absolutely FLANtastics! ;-)

-Aaron- said...

Thanks for checking things out everyone! More updates to come.

Don´t cry Aro! You have had and will have great adventures. Hopefully more of them we can share together.

Bravely and Honorably that is.

A note to all in terms of daily life and vacation: no matter which you´re doing, plumb the depths!

Grant said...

Dude! That book is awesome! I'm am a hardcore mountain man with a pet eagle!

Looks like you guys are having a great time!