German 2 English! (Click drop-down, 1st option of ENGLISH ["United Statesian" as yet unavailable] )

My Google Site Translator Panel

Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian
Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish
Powered by
Grab this widget

18 April 2006

Engrish

"If any native speaker of English would have seen this, they could have easily told them to fix it! Horrible."
-Kirsten

(click on image to read it
...sorry it's unreadable as is)

Aro poignantly pointed out how lost we'd all be trying to write in Vietnamese. All the characters are so similar, so how could you tell the difference between them, like, say between an 'l' and a 't'?

i like positor food, myself.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I pretty much have to be sympathetic to typos, as I myself disgracefully perpetrate them!
HOWEVER,
"move its second one up and down. up anything"
is funny even WITHOUT misspellings!

Grant said...

I sorta agree with Aro's first comment, but if I lived in Vietnam and had a Spork company and wanted to put directions on it I would write them, and then ask, oh, 3 people who actually speak the language? I would most likely find out, then, that I can't write Vietnamese very well.

I want to make those into song lyrics:

"Tell me again, you precious thing/
move its second one up and down, up anything!"

W said...

I think this is neat!

-Aaron- said...

Well, here comes the 5.5 year update!