15.01 Local Time - Salzburg Austria - Universität Hauptbibliothek
Hey everybody! So unfortunately internet access has been mega-scarce up until now so i haven't been able to e-mail nor update practically anyone. (booooooo...) Anyway, Kirsten and I have our Salzburg Uni. Matrikelnummern so once the fees are paid in Vienna we'll have full access to university resources.
Since my last post, I've:
-been to San Diego with ed, aro, emily, kirsten and myself.
-got all packed up said goodbye to folks and left orange outta LAX on British Airways.
-flew to London, England and enjoyed a long day and a half-ish in the land of the Brits.
-saw the typical sights of London: Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St. Pauls Cathedral, Leicester Square, Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, The Glass Testicle, The London Eye (the under maintenence London-Eye) Parliament, The Clock Tower of Big Ben, the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, and a grand array of other British-type tourist activites. (Kirsten and I also went to Abbey Road!)
-ate sandwiches, drank British water, and experienced other British type foods, etc.
-experienced grand frustration with the London bus system and the horribly early closing time of the London Tube.
-Visited Joy Meckes (yay!) who is currently studying at a university on the East End.
-Flew to Munich, Germany and immediately boarded a bus to Salzburg, Austria.
-Moved into my housing accomodation with Frau Schöttke, Ivan (a spaniard from Barcelona who speaks rather good Deutsch), and my roommate Ben Englehart from Detroit.
-Ate many traditionally cooked, greasy Austrian meals made by Frau Schöttke who is in many ways like my Grandma Jones...
-Journied to Oberndorf on the German-Austrian Border and saw the Cabelle where "Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht" (Silent Night, Holy Night) was composed and first performed and crossed the bridge into Germany for a tour of an old church and Pita Bread and Salmon paste at an extremely Greek Restaurant with ten people in all from our group including Ben, Frau Schöttke, Kirsten, and myself.
-Had two weeks of German class.
-Went on a very beautiful sleigh ride up in the Alps to a 'hut' = a hunting lodge for food and drink and merryment.
-Kirsten and I had our first Valentine's Day!
-Today is our Eleven Month-a-versary so that means i have to leave so we can go on a date!
i love you all and i miss you.
my address is:
Aaron Choate
bei Frau Schöttke
Karl-Adrian Straße 12
A-5020 Salzburg, Austria EU
(Please write the word 'Geschenk' if you are sending a package for customs declaration)
my cell phone number if calling from US is: 01143 676 4709744 (free to me but probably expensive to you!)
bis später -Sepp- (Aaron)

4 comments:
Aaron, I am so behind man. I didnt know you are in Austria nor did I know that you even wanted to go overseas. I guess thats what happens when you dont live near someone you sort of fall out the loop. But hey man have an awesome time there. By the way, why are you there? I dont know any cool deutsch expressions to say so be cool. Tell all your friends that I said hello. James
glad to hear from you and that you are having a good time linda forwarded your blog and it seemed that you have also been very busy our daughter ruth saw allkinds of stuff on her trip to europe and still thinks and remembers it to this day so see all you can see mike and dell
A SEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Dude, your room misses you! So do me and Ed! But I don't miss the floor! ha ha ha!
Enjoy Austria, post awesome stuff here often, check out my new blog at slowseason.blogspot.com (featuring photography by a special someone)!
wow, a record number of comments on my blog thus far! thanks for visiting folks. love aaron
Post a Comment